Last Updated on
Internships for English-speakers.
You you must be able to understand daily conversation before you arrive at your internship in Denmark. You must be able to speak and understand English well enough to learn about the culture and agriculture during your programme.
If you think global, are motivated, ambitious and open minded, then a 12 – 18 months’ paid internship program in Denmark is made for you.
You have finished at least your first semesters and want to gain some initial work experience within a great team? Then you’re in the right place. An internship is the ideal way to enter the world of work. You are involved in day-to-day operations, right from day one.
Who Can Apply:
- Applications are accepted from all nationalities.
- You are currently full-time active student enrolled (or have recently graduated within 6 months) in a degree-seeking programme related to the placement.
- You have completed at least one year in one of the following:
- – Agriculture animal husbandry & production (cow and swine production and animal breeding management) – agronomy – veterinary – equine – horticulture – forestry.
- You are single, between 18 and 25 years old, mature, motivated, responsible and willing learn and to spend 12 -18 months away from home.
- You have driver’s license and international driving permit.
- ➡ We can’t stress this enough: You speak and understand fluency English (both oral and written) to carry out instructions, to perform internship and training activities, to avoid injury to yourselves and others and to prevent damage to property. Fluency in English language is a skill that Danish organisations greatly value. Most Danish employer ask for between IELTS 6 and 8 in English. You must be able to provide proof of this in your application.
- You have participated in agri LIDA Internship Preparation Webinars. The goal is to get you out of the classroom and into the real world so you can feel and see the entire work process and what a work day looks like or what a job entails.
- We accept applications all year round!
Please keep in mind that even if you meet the qualifications described above, there is no guarantee of an internship. Our mission is to find all students a matching position but we are always depending on other parties and finally, it is the farmer’s decision whether to hire you or not.
Why do we ask for evidence of English language?
In order to register with the agri LIDA you must satisfy us that you have the necessary knowledge of English. Interns play a vital role in the agriculture in Denmark. As a person it is your responsibility to work safely. A key part of this is communication and the need to be able to communicate clearly and effectively in English. You may be asked to provide evidence of your English proficiency to intern at agri LIDA depending on your educational background and citizenship
Send us Your Application
If you believe the above describes you, we are looking for YOU! Send us your application by clicking at “APPLY NOW”!
However, even if you haven’t found exactly the internship you were looking for, we would still be delighted to hear from you.
Gain experience in the field, meet interesting people from around the world, make new friends and come home with a different perspective on life.
We’re looking forward to hearing from YOU!