Last Updated on
Internships for English-speakers students.
Please note: You are not eligible for an internship position if you already graduated. Danish authorities do not allow graduated of agriculture college / university to apply for agriculture internships.
You you must be able to understand daily conversation before you arrive at your internship in Denmark. You must be able to speak and understand English well enough to learn about the culture and agriculture during your programme.
If you think global, are motivated, ambitious and open minded, then a 12 months’ paid internship program in Denmark is made for you.
You have finished at least your first semesters and want to gain some initial work experience within a great team? Then you’re in the right place. An internship is the ideal way to enter the world of work. You are involved in day-to-day operations, right from day one.
Who Can Apply:
- You are currently full-time active student enrolled in a degree-seeking programme related to the placement and you have completed at least one year in one of the following:
- – Agriculture animal husbandry & production (cow and swine production and animal breeding management) – agronomy – veterinary – equine – horticulture – forestry.
- You have a basic practical hands-on experience in the area you are seeking internship.
- You are single, between 18 and 29 years old, mature, motivated, responsible and willing learn and to spend 12 months away from home.
- You have driver’s license and international driving permit and the ability to operate tractor and other agricultural vehicles is a plus.
- All applicants must document English language qualifications comparable to an English minimun A2 level or higher. (Test results must be verifiable). Read more about language tests here You must submit your test result to SIRI and agri LIDA.
- ➡ We can’t stress this enough: You speak and understand English (both oral and written) to carry out instructions, to perform internship and training activities, to avoid injury to yourselves and others and to prevent damage to property. You must be able to provide proof of this in your application.
- You have participated in agri LIDA Internship Preparation Webinars. The goal is to get you out of the classroom and into the real world so you can feel and see the entire work process and what a work day looks like or what a job entails.
- Must have a laptop with MS Office applications.
- We accept applications all year round!
Please keep in mind that even if you meet the qualifications described above, there is no guarantee of an internship. Our mission is to find all students a matching position but we are always depending on other parties and finally, it is the farmer’s decision whether to hire you or not.
Why do we ask for evidence of English language?
In order to register with the agri LIDA you must satisfy us that you have the necessary knowledge of English. Interns play a vital role in the agriculture in Denmark. As a person it is your responsibility to work safely. A key part of this is communication and the need to be able to communicate clearly and effectively in English.
Am I guaranteed an internship placement?
Unfortunately, no. If you register for the program we will do our best to match you with a host company, however the ultimate decision on who is accepted into a specific internship is the host company. What the agri LIDA program does is help make you more “attractive” to a potential employer in a competitive job market. We want you to be successful and will try to help you any way we can!
Gain experience in the field, meet interesting people from around the world, make new friends and come home with a different perspective on life.
We’re looking forward to hearing from YOU!