YOUR CAREER STARTS HERE
Agri LIDA welcomes applications from English speaking students, who have not yet graduated.
Eligibility Requirements for Agriculture Internships in Denmark.
- The Student Internship program is for international students enrolled in a degree program at a university in their home country and seeking an internship at to meet their academic objectives at their home institution. English / Danish is the default language for all of our internship programs.
- If you are an EU citizen you will not need to be granted a residence permit as an intern before coming to Denmark. The work must be part of an educational programme which you have begun in your country. The internship must have a natural relation to your on-going education in your country. You can work in Denmark as an intern for a limited period of time.
- If you are not an EU citizen you need to be granted a work and residence permit as an intern before coming to Denmark. You can be granted a residence and work permit if you wish to work in Denmark as an intern for a limited period of time. The work must be part of an educational programme which you have begun in your country. The internship must have a natural relation to your on-going education in your country.
Third country national (TCN)
- Agri LIDA do not accept applying for internship in a country which is not your home country, called a Third Country Applicant. Applicant must be enrolled in an education program in their home country and must apply from their home country.
Can I become an intern
The internship must have a professional connection to the education you have started in your home country. This means that the internship in Denmark should complement your ongoing education.
- You can only intern in your field of study.
- Have verifiable English language skills at min. B1. with internationally recognised certificate. This can be either KET, TOEFL or IELTS .
- Between age 18 and 29, single and have a strong interest in farming.
- Open minded to new cultures and enthusiasm and willingness to learn.
- In good standing at your home agriculture university or agriculture college and at least one year relevant study completed.
- Be a full-time active student enrolled (from 2nd year) in one of the following:
- Agriculture animal husbandry & production (cow and swine production animal breeding management)
- Valid international driving license for car and your normal driver’s license, (type B)
- Valid passport. Your passport should be valid for at least six months beyond your intended stay.
- Sufficient funds to pay the internship abroad costs
and a sense of humor….it goes a long way!
English Language requirements
- To be successful in your internship, students must to have an English level equivalent to a score of minimum 5.5 IELTS / B1.
Internships abroad are demanding and you will need to demonstrate that you have a have intermediate to advanced English language skills before you embark on your internship.
When you apply to internship with us, we need to be satisfied you have the necessary knowledge of English to communicate clearly and effectively.
Wherever you end up working, be prepared to speak English from day one! This requirement is the same for all applicants to our intenships.
Applicants must submit documentation of ONE of the following test results:
With no bands less than 5,5 score
Total score of at least 64. With no test score less than 21 for writing, 18 for speaking, 13 for reading and 13 for listening.
Cambridge English tests
Minimum score: 160 – B1 – FCE
Note that IELTS and TOEFL tests are valid for two years
We recommend prospective students who are not fluent in English engage in English language practice before their enrolment.
Good to know
- To be eligible, you must answer “Yes” to all questions. If you answer “No” to one or more of the above question(s), you should consider postponing your application until the above requirements are met.
- Please keep in mind that even if you meet the qualifications described above, there is no guarantee of an internship. Every employer has their own eligibility and selection criteria. In some cases, a background check may be required as part of the recruitment process.
Incomplete applications will not be accepted or processed
It Is your future, invest in it.