Student Participation Requirements
Participation in the student internship program is open to talented, motivated and passionate english speaking agriculture college or university students – like you – from all over the world.
In order to be considered for an internship, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- English speaking students, who have not yet graduated.
- Full-time active student enrolled in an accredited agriculture college or university and you have completed at least one year successful and ideally with a minimum of 1 year of studies left in one of the following:
- Agriculture animal husbandry & production (cow and swine production animal breeding management)
- You are single, between age18 and 29.
- You are mature, flexible, open-minded, committed and willing to adjust (weather, culture, food, temperature, etc.)
- Be in good mental and physical health.
- You have some practical experience or studied subjects in your desired internship field.
- You have valid international driving license for car / tractor.
- You have a clean police record.
- LANGUAGES. You must be sufficiently fluent in English to be able to benefit from your internship and you must document your English language proficiency. Danish law requires that you are able to speak and understand English in order to obtain a visa. You must prove your language skills by IELTS test with a minimum total score A2. The IELTS certificates must be valid and verifiable (no more than two years old) at the start of the internship programme.
- EU APPLICANTS do not need language test.
The Importance of Learning English
- There are many, many reasons why learning a new language is a good idea. It allows you to communicate with new people. It helps you to see things from a different perspective, or get a deeper understanding of another culture. It helps you to become a better listener. It even has health benefits, as studies have shown that people who speak two or more languages have more active minds later in life!
Studying English can help you get a job!
- In today’s world, companies are becoming more international, and English is listed as an essential skill for more and more jobs. There are some organisations that now conduct all their business in English, no matter where in the world they are based. If you want the best paid opportunities, learning English is a great idea. The more proficient you are, the better you can express yourself!
Do I need a permit?
- If you are a citizen from a country outside the EU/EEA or Switzerland, you must apply for a residence and work permit before your enter Denmark.
VERIFICATION OF EDUCATIONAL DOCUMENTS
- Applicants and students are themselves liable for submitted documents.
- When applying for agri LIDA International internship programme, agri LIDA will verify the documentation submitted by applicants during the application process. Any attempt to obtain admission or recognition by the use of fraudulent documents will be reported to the Danish police.
Are you interested?
Send your pre-application now, it’s free!
Am I guaranteed an internship placement?
- As part of our thorough application process, we only accept applicants we are confident that we can place. Please keep in mind that even if you meet the qualifications described above, there is no guarantee of an internship.
- Our mission is to find all students a matching position but we are always depending on other parties and finally, it is the farmer’s decision whether to hire you or not.
- What the agri LIDA program does is help make you more “attractive” to a potential employer in a competitive job market.
- Due to the large number of applicants and the limited number of places available per year, applicants are strongly advised to note the eligibility criteria for an Internship. If all of the requirements are not met, your application will not be processed.
We want you to be successful and will try to help you any way we can!
If you have any questions, contact us.