Last Updated on
Agricultural Internships—Getting Real World Experience
agri LIDA offers highly motivated students from all over the world, an year-round authentic work – life agriculture internships to improve your skills!
And the better news is that these internships pays really well.
- First 0 – 6 month from DKK 11.347 (1.519,44 euro) gross per month.
- Next 6 – 12 month from DKK 13.136 (1.759,00 euro)gross per month
Agriculture Internship: Quick Facts
- Participants gets employment contract before internship start.
- Participants are provided with monthly salary.
- Participants are offered accommodation for a reasonable pay, deducted monthly payment.
- Participants receive ongoing support from agri LIDA staff.
- Opportunity for international certification and recommendation.
If farming is in your blood and if you’re studying at an agricultural college or university then you can gain some international farming experience at farms in Denmark. Our Agriculture Internships in Denmark are perfect for those candidates who have experience in the agriculture industry and wish to come to Denmark for work in the hugely important agriculture sector in Denmark.
- Please note: You can not apply if you are graduated. Citizens of non-EU countries cannot be granted a permit as an agriculture intern if you have completed your education.
Learning by Doing.
Participating in this internship program requires a lot of hard work and dedication. It also requires interns to be very flexible, quick thinkers, enthusiastic, open minded and self motivated, because in the agriculture field, things can change very quickly and you need to be ready for any situation that comes up.
Internships in primary agriculture.
Internships take place on farms in Denmark, where you will get to work on challenging real-life sustainable farms, with competent and passionate colleagues supporting you. The internship program is an opportunity to be directly involved in the daily activities on the farm. With a full-time staff of only few individuals, you are a important part of the success of the farm. Either way, you’ll end up with more knowledge and a better sense of what you want to do within this vast industry. The position does include housing and applicants must make a one-year commitment.
“Some of us grew up playing with tractors, the lucky ones still do”
You will gain a tremendous amount of information and knowledge about how farms runs and how the business is operated overall. It will be up to you to want to learn as much as you can, because the internship is what you make of it. The more you put into your internship, the more you will get out of it and it will prepare you for your future.
When working with animals…oooh the smell!!
Soil, animal feed, plants, etc all smell different than your home… One smell that is extremely different than your home is animal poop.
It is simple biology. What goes in, must come out. Cows eat about 100 pounds of food a day. That means that they will produce about 100 pounds of poop, or as we call it, manure. Let us just say YOU don’t smell like roses all the time neither when it comes to this subject matter.
When you are at work, your clothes and hair gets dirty and smelly and you are surrounded by animals that smell… so it’s not like sitting in an office, but after work you take a bath and you’re like any other people and it’s not as disgusting as many people think. It’s a good job for people who like animals.
Good work & good growth.
Doing an internship in Denmark is an excellent way of activating your skills and at the same time improving your career prospects through meaningful practical work experience, that can prove valuable upon graduation.
The working conditions in Denmark are generally very good, with companies happy to invest in modern facilities and equipment of the highest quality.
- Living abroad will change the way you see this world and will give you a new perspective on your life values.
Freedom & accountability.
- We promise you lots of responsibility and the opportunity to make your effort count from day one. We are passionate about accelerating your career on the job and through competence development.
Am I guaranteed an internship placement?
- Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee an internship position for all applicants. If you have not been notified within three months of application, the host have probably chosen other applicants. The application process is competitive, and only qualified candidates will ultimately be offered an internship. What the agri LIDA program does is help make you more “attractive” to a potential employer in a competitive job market. We want you to be successful and will try to help you any way we can!
Internships are a good way to quickly advance from novice to advanced beginner and then with further experience, to finally become expert.