- Public liability/Third-party liability insurance to cover expenses if you have to pay compensation to another person.
- Accident insurance, to cover financial consequences of an accident.
- Home insurance, to cover loss or damage of your personal belongings.
- Car insurance, to cover damage and repairs if you have a car while you are in Denmark.
- Health insurance (to cover you until you have registered and received your Danish health card (“Sundhedskort”), it may take 2 weeks or more.
- Travel insurance (may share elements with the above mentioned insurance types).
- It is advisable for students staying in accommodation arranged by farmer host to obtain Home insurance,covering personal property, home and contents, burglary, theft and loss.
You can find a list of the 20 biggest insurance companies on this website. (Scroll down to see the list.)
In agri LIDA, we are not insurance experts and this is merely to give a short overview of some of the various kinds of insurances you should know about when settling into Denmark
We hope this was helpful. 🙂