Insurances in Denmark

Private Insurances in Denmark

A private insurance will help you avoid unpleasant financial surprises. If you, your family and property are insured, it will help you face the consequences of unfortunate situations such as experiencing or causing an accident or becoming subject to water damage, theft or burglary.

It is your own responsibility to make sure you have the right insurances and the right coverage.

  1. Public liability/Third-party liability insurance to cover expenses if you have to pay compensation to another person.
  2. Accident insurance, to cover financial consequences of an accident.
  3. Home insurance, to cover loss or damage of your personal belongings.
  4. Car insurance, to cover damage and repairs if you have a car while you are in Denmark.
  5. Health insurance (to cover you until you have registered and received your Danish health card (“Sundhedskort”), it may take 2 weeks or more.
  6. Travel insurance (may share elements with the above mentioned insurance types).


  • It is advisable for students staying in accommodation arranged by farmer host  to obtain Home insurance,covering personal property, home and contents, burglary, theft and loss.

You can find a list of the 20 biggest insurance companies on this website. (Scroll down to see the list.)

In agri LIDA, we are not insurance experts and this is merely to give a short overview of some of the various kinds of insurances you should know about when settling into Denmark

We hope this was helpful. 🙂