Application Process – Step by Step
So you’re ready to apply for a internship in Denmark, but you’re feeling a bit confused. Don’t worry! We’ve put together our step-by-step application guide.
We will work with you every step of the way towards your internship in Denmark.
If you are applying through a Country Partner, they will assess your qualifications, conduct an interview, and send your application to agri LIDA. If you are not applying through a Country Partner, you will send your application to agri LIDA directly.
Submit Formal Application
Contact agri LIDA and receive a formal registration form.
agri LIDA staff members will evaluate your complete application. You might be contacted for additional information or an interview. Please be patient awaiting a response from agri LIDA.
If it appears that you are a good fit for the program, agri LIDA will attempt to match you with a host company.
Host company review applications to select which interns they wish to host.
If you are selected, you will receive information regarding the placement from agri LIDA or our Country Partner.
Employment contract signed
If positive agreement an employment contract will be signed by you and host.
Your entire internship is arranged at this point and only after all the work has been done, we will ask you to pay the full internship package. Attached to the internship confirmation email we will also send you the final invoice of the internship package.
Pay Visa fee.
Note: Some employer’s pay`s the Visa fee.
Pay agri LIDA program package fee
You will receive invoice. You have 5 days to pay the fee.
We submit your Visa application online.
Now that your internship has been arranged and fees are payed, we are able to apply for your work & residence permit for you. .
Have your biometric features recorded.
This means that you must have a facial photo taken and your fingerprints recorded at a Danish representation abroad. The facial photo and your fingerprints will be stored on a microchip embedded in the residence card, which will be issued to you when you are granted a permit.
Wait until your application is approved before you:
- buy a plane ticket for any travel to Denmark
- make commitments to your prospective employer in Denmark
- commit to any accommodation in Denmark
- cancel your accommodation or leave your job or studies in your home country.
Visa processing takes about 6 – 10 weeks. We cannot guarantee that you will be granted a work and residence visa. Do not make final travel plans or buy tickets until you have a visa.
If your work & residence permit has been granted by SIRI.
- If your application is approved, you’ll receive your work and residence permit letter from Danish Embassy.
If your application is refused
- You‘ll receive a letter of explanation from Danish Embassy.
- Before booking your flights contact agriLIDA and arrange your travel plan to Copenhagen Airport. We strongly recommend that students travel with open ticket. (Open ticket means that the return date is not fixed).
- Buy travel insurance for the number of days you travel from your homecountry to Denmark. Buy travel insurance for approximately 5 days.
Travel insurance is compulsory for all agri LIDA interns. At a minimum, you must be covered for:
- Medical emergencies while traveling
- Lost or damaged luggage
- Travel disruptions, such as flight delays, interruptions or cancelations
- Stolen passport and other important travel documents.
Candidate arrives in CPH Airport Copenhagen, Denmark. Within normal working hours, you are being met by a agriLIDA representative who will meet and greet you and help you get settled.
You may now begin working!
Accommodation in Copenhagen
Please note: We recommend intern arrival Copenhagen Airport early in the morning. If you arrive late in Copenhagen Airport or have traveled long time and are tired, you can stay overnight to be fresh and rested before you meet your new employer. The following hotels are cheap and good.