All individuals above the age of 15 registered with a Danish civil registration number (CPR number) receive Digital Post from public authorities.
What is Digital Post?
- Digital Post from public authorities is the same type of letters that you already receive from the authorities. Digital Post includes any letters from hospital, pension statements, information about state education support (SU), changes to housing benefits, replies to applications for childcare, letters from the Danish Tax and Customs Administration (SKAT), etc.
How to access Digital Post?
- Digital Post can be accessed on either of two secure websites. They are borger.dk and e-Boks.dk. You only need to check your Digital Post from public authorities on one of these two websites.
- lifeindenmark.dk (English)
- e-Boks.dk (English)
- In order to access your Digital Post, it is necessary to log on with the digital signature, NemID, which is a single login for public websites, online banking and many other websites and services.
You are responsible for reading your own post
- It is your responsibility to open and read your Digital Post. If you do not check your Digital Post regularly, you may not see post that requires action. Your Digital Post may contain decisions and notifications that require your attention.
- Not all post from public authorities can be sent digitally. Therefore, you still need to check your paper-based letters (letters in your physical letter box).