When planning to intern in Denmark budgeting right early on is important. It is possible to live on the salary from the internship with normal budgeting.
- Housing will cost 200 – 307 euro a month for a room.
- Food and daily expenses 200 -350 euro a month
- Compare mobile subscriptions from providers in Denmark: Cheapest prices on mobile subscriptions
- You will also need 100 euro a month for fun trips or for going out.
In total you will spend about 650-900 euro a month to support yourself in Denmark.
Below are some examples of typical prices.
- Bicycle: 3 000-6 000 DKK
- Second-hand bicycle: 500-1500 DKK
- Cinema ticket: 85 DKK
- Eating out: 200-500 DKK
- Coffee at a café: 30-45 DKK
- Beer or soft drink at a café: 30-50 DKK
- Fast food meal: 60-80 DKK
- Litre of milk at the supermarket: 5-11 DKK
- 500g of pasta at the supermarket: 6-10 DKK
Living expenses will vary on an individual basis depending on your personal lifestyle choices. If you are sensible and follow local habits, life in Denmark shouldn’t blow your budget
1 Euro = approx. DKK 7.45
Take a look at list of prices for more eksamples..