Last Updated on
Agriculture Internships – Getting Real World Experience
It gives us great pleasure to welcome you to agri LIDA’s website. agri LIDA is looking for talented, motivated and passionate individuals – like you – from around the world.
In the top menu you will find lots of information about internships, how to apply, fees, salary… etc.
Connecting Students to the World.
agri LIDA internship is an excellent opportunity for you to gain valuable internatioanal working experience and apply knowledge from your studies. You will learn what it is like to work and gain a sense of self confidence and professionalism. An internship abroad will strengthen your CV and provides you with valuable competences in your job search upon graduation. An internship can begin at any time during the year and it normally lasts twelve months.
- You are not eligible for an internship position if you already graduated. Danish authorities do not allow graduated of agriculture college / university to apply for agriculture internships.
- Candidates must meet the following criteria.
English language requirements:
- All applicants must be fluent in English and document English language qualifications comparable to an English minimun A2 level or higher. (Test results must be verifiable). You must submit your test result to SIRI and agri LIDA.
We provide each student tailor-made internship.
Farms are approved to employ interns by:
- 3F trade union,- organisation representing employees.
- GLS-A employers’,- organisation representing employers.
- Rural Youth Denmark,- representing young agriculture students/farmers.
We have established dozens of connections with carefully selected Danish farms and we have established collaborations with more than 20 different countries around the world.
We highly recommend international students to carry out their internship in Denmark. This is one of the best opportunities to create job openings and get a foothold in the job market for further employment.
We cooperate only with farms approved by Danish authorities. Approved farms meet the quality criteria, listed in public register in Denmark and operates according the guidelines and rules as set by:
agri LIDA have longstanding relationships with certain companies that regularly host international interns through our programs. This means there are an established position and plan for you as an incoming intern. Because of those ongoing relationships, agri LIDA offer quality internships. The internships are practical work-placement designed to provide you with professional experience in an area related to your field of study or the career you are working towards.
- Participants gets employment contract before internship start.
- Participants are provided with monthly intern salary.
- Participants are offered accomondation for a reasonable pay, deducted monthly payment.
- Participants receive ongoing support from agri LIDA staff.
- Opportunity for international certification and recommendation.
Denmark – a food and farming country.
Denmark has a temperate climate with plenty of rain, a flat landscape and fertile soils. These are ideal conditions for agriculture. 61% of Denmark’s total area is cultivated. The farms are with an average size of 100 ha. However, more than 20% of the farms exceed 500 ha of land. Many farms produce crops, but a large proportion have livestock and especially meat, fur and dairy products are the main export goods from Danish agriculture.
Can agri LIDA Internships guarantee me a position when I apply?
- Unfortunately we cannot give you a 100% guarantee. Our mission is to find all students a matching position but we are always depending on other parties. We do our ultimate best to find you a fitting internship! Just keep in mind that it will take a bit of time.
- Please contact us to receive more information about how we can customize a program just for you!
We are the bridge between students, companies and universities.
Copyright © All Rights Reserved. All images 1999 – 2019 Ove Eenberg Larsen. Created by The agri LIDA Team.