Earn you first money with an internship!
First 0 – 6 month DKK 11.444,15 gross per month.
Next 6 – 12 month DKK 13.274,61 gross per month.
It’s important to have savings especially during your first month in Denmark
- In the payroll world, everything begins with gross salary. Your gross salary is the full amount you earn, before all of the deductions that result in your take home pay. The exact amount net cash depends on specific tax agreements between Denmark and your home country and could change from one year to another. Each month you get about approx. DKK 7,400 in net cash payment after tax and various types of deductions from your pay has been deducted.
Personal tax deduction
- All taxpayers have a personal tax deduction. This means you do not have to pay taxes on all the money you earn. The personal deduction is adjusted once a year following some very special rules. In 2018 personal tax deduction DKK 45.000 yearly.
The internships salary is covered by danish collective agreement. The parties to a collective agreement are:
- 3F trade union organisation representing employees.
- GLS-A employers’ organisation representing employers.
- Rural Youth Denmark representing young agriculture students/farmers.
There are many ways to pursue your study dreams, and plenty of support to get you there.